A number of techniques have been developed in meditation to promote relaxation, build internal energy and to develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness.
Meditation is a practice in which one trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to gain some benefit or to mentally recognise content without feeling identified with it.
Today there are many types of meditation practiced in Western culture. Conscious breathing and progressive muscle relaxation have been found beneficial at a cognitive level. One of the most ambitious forms of meditation is to be able to sustain concentration at a point without any effort with the focus of enabling the practitioner a state of well-being in any activity of life.
By meditating one does not only reduce stress levels, achieve a state of relaxation and mental clarity, but one can also prevent various types of ailments and diseases and help recovery from addictions and even surgery.
Benefits of Physical Meditation:
- Strengthens the immune system.
- It improves blood circulation making it more fluid.
- It promotes the natural relaxation of the body.
- Decreases insomnia and tiredness in the mornings.
Benefits of Meditation for the Mind:
- It stimulates the ability to overcome stress and anger.
- It promotes the development of creativity.
- Our minds are more lucid and better focused.
- Stimulates the development of memory.
Benefits of Spiritual Meditation:
- It helps improve interpersonal relationships.
- It contributes to a state of relaxation and emotional balance.
- It promotes the development of consciousness.
- It makes us happier and a more balanced person.